Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Strange Thing About Teaching in LA

DUCK! COVER! HOLD!
This is what we must shout to the children
Water, Pick Axe, Shovel in every classroom...
Can't leave the school site even if it takes 72 hours....
All this is our disaster plan, in case of an earthquake....
It's so strange to discuss this in a staff meeting and watch a colleague demonstrate how we should hide under a chair and protect our head and eyes...
I don't think this is a drill we'll ever have to do in an Irish classroom!

4 comments:

Dara and Sandra said...

Are you practising your oath of allegiance, though?!

Anonymous said...

DUCK COVER HOLD!
Sounds like what used to happen when you were called to get out of bed in the morning.

Dad.

Una said...

Delighted to have found this blog! I've just read it all while chopping and bagging some beans. Your car is gorgeous and the poses are really cool. I love yellow cars. I don't think many people know about your blog so I'll pass it around. Happy teaching - and hopefully no need to put that drill into practise.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, good to see that you are settling in....Luvvvvvv the car though it's missing the pink MINX seat covers.....tut tut , hope your not leaving your standards drop !!!!.. Still raining since you left....would you like some? we sure got plenty to pass around. Tell Andrew we were asking for him. Lord bless for the moment , we gotta go for a splish splash in the park. Aunty Bernie and Uncle Brendan XXXXXX