I don't know if people have been seeing news reports about this but yesterday most of my colleagues were glued to the television watching the fires in Porter Ranch which is just north of LA. The strange thing for me is that I've been in this area several times. I bought my car up there, in fact the road we took to the guy's house is the very road that was blocked off for emergency vehicles yesterday. Also, Andrew and I were in Porter Ranch on Saturday for a picnic. It seems strange to me to be so close to the wildfires that I usually hear about from thousands of miles away.
Yesterday two of my colleagues had to leave work early because they were being evacuated because of the fires. I hope their properties aren't damaged and that this evacuation will only be temporary!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/la-me-wildfire14-2008oct14,0,2457219.story
No comments:
Post a Comment