Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Praying Mantis, Bees and Brendan



What a weekend/day...On Sunday I was at a friend's house. He came into the house with this beautiful, rather large, praying mantis. Knowing little about these insects I became quite excited and wanted to take a photograph of it with my phone. I got closer and closer and then it jumped onto me. I was not impressed-the feeling of a rather large insect crawling on me is not too pleasant I must confess. I was quickly relieved of my burden and Andrew and I headed off to spend time with some other friends at Griffith Park. While there I felt something in my hair and went to brush it off only to find a bee attached to my ring finger, stinging me in a most ungracious fashion. Andrew, my knight in shining armour, took the stinger out and I iced my finger, unfortunately my finger proceeded to swell up like a balloon and I still can't get my ring off. Yesterday I got some antihistamine tablets to try to stop the swelling, after taking them I couldn't stay awake. I kept falling asleep all evening. I took one more before bed but then I woke up in the middle of the night with a very upset stomach. I rang in sick for the first time ever and slept for the morning.

On a more serious note I found out today that my inspirational uncle Brendan was in a very serious car accident last night. The Gardai say that he was lucky to come away with his life. He has a broken pelvis, broken ribs and a punctured lung. I thank God that he was watching over him and kept him by His grace.
Feel better soon Brendan!!