Aaah Calgary-I really like Calgary, I like the cold crisp weather, I like the tall pine trees, I like the lack of traffic and I love the Rocky mountains which are just down the road.We spent the weekend with Andrew's sister Michelle, her husband, Andrew and her little boy, Matthew. We spent Thursday in Calgary and spent time with Andrew's Uncle Steven and Auntie Esther. We had great Dim Sum and did some shopping in the local asian market T&T.
On Friday we traveled to Invermere, B.C. to the McBride's newly built cabin by the lake. We had such a nice time. Their house is in the middle of a wooded area, a short walk from the beautiful lake/beach. They have a very nice delux hot tub at the back of the cabin-great for relaxing after a hard day in the mountains :)
On Saturday night we went out for dinner in a Scottish pub and there was a band there playing Irish music. I started chatting to one of the band members and it turned out he was from Kerry and they sang 'The Irish Rover' for me because it was a Cork song :) It was very nice to sit and listen and feel nostalgic about being Irish.
Andrew told Matthew some bible stories while we were there. He told him a story about 'The Good Shepherd' and he told him a story about Mr. Noah and the ark. On Sunday Matthew came into my room with Andrew's bible and proceeded to tell me stories from him it. Be careful how you tell a 3 year old stories:
"I'll tell you a story about Mr. Noah Sharon. Mr. Noah shut the door of the ark and wouldn't let any of the people or any of the animals on the ark. They were all in the water (this is from seeing a picture in his children's bible of animals and people drowning in the flood). Then Mr. Noah hit the Bad Shepherd with his stick. And then the Good Shepherd was on the ark and he saw some bad wolves on a mountain so he hit them with the ark"
Matthew tells a great story! :)
3 comments:
Ya I think Matthew got the gist of it. Obviously Andrew is Reeeeeeealy good at Bible Stories ! :-P
I am glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving and glad you got some Irishness into you with the band and some Irish ceol. Looking forward to seeing you at the end of the month any chance you could bring Matthew to he is such a cutey
I hope you weren't so nostalgic that you sampled some of the Guinness
Dara
How dare you call my husband a nerd.
Sandra
Post a Comment