Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Recent Events

I apologise for my neglect of this blog over the last few weeks. It's been a strange couple of weeks. Just this past week my uncle, Jack, passed away, rather unexpectedly at the very young age of 57. I'll really miss Jack, especially when I go home in the summer and he's not at our wedding celebration or sitting at his home to chat with about all the highs and lows of diabetes! I think I nearly found it harder not to be at home this time because I wanted to be there for my aunt Marian and my cousins. I found it very frustrating not to be able to sympathise with them and be there for the removal and funeral. My dad did send me recordings of both of these services however, and Andrew and I were so encouraged by them. It was a positive joy to listen to people's testimonies of Jack and to listen to the music played at the funeral. I was rejoicing at what Christ had done for Jack in saving him at a young age and how that Salvation had an effect on his children and now his grandchildren. I can only pray that should I die before the Lord returns, that I could have such a testimony and such a funeral service! Redemption makes a life rich, without it we are empty. My hope now is to see the 'Goodness of God in the land of the living'.
I'm looking forward to rejoicing with Jack in person when I reach my heavenly home.

No comments: