Well, we’ve been in Philippines for 2 days now. I haven’t been online since Sunday morning in Hong Kong airport and I’m still not online-this must be a record for me! I might be suffering from internet withdrawal symptoms soon! We’ve seen and experienced so much since we got here on Sunday.
We arrived in Manila on Sunday morning. We were met by my friend Ayee who I know from working with her in Santa Monica Montessori School. Her family very kindly gave us their condo to stay in the one night we were in Manila.
Our first impression of Manila was the heat. It was hot and humid and it was raining. The next thing we experienced within about 5 minutes was the police pulling over for turning right -Ayee and her cousin Evette dealt with this situation quickly and politely (lots of “po”s were said). Folowing this I was surprised by the sights of children wandering the streets begging and the poor living situation of many of the Filipinos in Manila, this contrasted with a pretty good infrastructure, large malls and beautiful houses.
Ayee and Evette brought us to a fish market where we could choose fish then bring it to a restaurant where they cook it whatever way you order it. It was YUM! We REALLY enjoyed this meal!
Later we went to get sim cards for our phones and then met up with Ayee’s brother and his family for a yummy Filipino dinner. Food was a big part of our first day in the Philippines, and it was GOOD!
1 comment:
Sounds really interesting - I'm beginning to feel left out - both you and Sandra have been to Asia now!!
Post a Comment