Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week 2 Colour

This week our challenge was to use colour to inspire our outfits each day.  Thankfully Imogen (the stylist who creates these challenges) gave us a list of colour ideas for each day this week.  I love bright colours so I really enjoyed this week.For most of the week,  the colour wheel was our go to guide for our outfits.


Monday Analogous Colours
So analogous colours are colours that are found right beside each other on the colour wheel. For this day I pretty much copied the sample colours on the wheel.  I wore deep pink,  purple and red. Interesting but fun mix.

The scarf is from Penneys,  cardigan from Dunnes (Irish  stores) The top is a maternity top passed on by my sister in law. And of course the trusty maternity jeans
Tuesday Complementary Colours
Complementary colours are colours that are found on opposite sides of the colour wheel.  This was a fun outfit for me,  I think complementary colours look really nice together. Again I copied the sample colours above and went with orange and blue. I was exhausted this night and only managed a self portrait from my bed.
Cardigan: Value Village (thrift store), Top: passed on by sister in law, Scarf: gift from a parent.  
Wednesday Triadic  colours
Triadic colours are the colours that are joined by a triangle on the colour wheel. Now this made for an interesting mix of colours. I decided to wear a dark pink maternity top that I'd just found hidden somewhere then I did my triangle on the wheel and came up with green and orange! Fun!

Cardigan: Value Village, Top: Target maternity, Necklace: Value Village, all worn with my beloved maternity leggings 
Thursday Monochromatic
Monochromatic colours are various shades of the same colour.  Now, I was supposed to choose a colour on the colour wheel. However I discovered later in the day that brown is actually a neutral colour and doesn't feature on the colour wheel...  Brown was the only colour that I had shades of so it had to do... So below is my #AprilStyle fail. This day I couldn't even sit up in bed, last month exhaustion is kinda flattening me!

Cardigan: passed on by sister in law, Top: Dunnes (I think), Butterfly necklace: had it for years, can't remember, Magnetic necklace: gift from Mum from Spain, Brown leggings: Amazon.com 

Friday Colour and Pattern
So today I had to choose a patterned item of clothing and use that to inspire my outfit for the day.  I chose to wear a beautiful sheer shrug, I love this shrug and have worn it when pregnant and when not. It was fun to pick out the colours in it and make an outfit I've never worn before. I, of course, picked out as many colours as possible. Pink, red and blue!

Shrug: passed on by my aunt Gemma, Top: Value Village, Handbag: Vincent De Paul, LA, Leggings: gift from my Mum 
Saturday Accessories in colour
Not actually sure if I did this one right but anyway.  I chose a handbag and picked my outfit around that.

Handbag: A gift from my friend Ayee in the Philippines, Top:  same as yesterday,  Dress: Vincent De Paul,  LA, Shoes: Vincent De Paul,  LA. Tights: Dunnes 
Sunday Colour in Nature
Today's task was to use a photo from nature to inspire colour in our outfit. I did this backwards, come on! I'm pregnant!  My wardrobe is limited! I knew I had this great maxi dress in shades of purple, so I decided to find a photo in nature to reflect these colours.  I found a gorgeous shot of lavender growing in a field with a beautiful purple sky in the background.  I was inspired to wear the outfit as planned :-) By the way, maxi dresses in late pregnancy are wonderful!
Jacket:  passed on by my aunt Gemma, Dress:  passed on by my aunt Gemma, Messy room:  Béibhinn
Now I need to go and plan my outfits for next week.  This is such a great way to ensure that I get out of my PJs at some point in the day!

Pregnancy Update
Surprise surprise, it's a big one!  We're on the cusp of deciding now whether to do a repeat c-section or to try for a vbac.  Still hoping for that, but feeling more at peace about having another c-section. Getting more and more excited about meeting our little one!


This week I finished these soakers and got to go to a craft store with our friend Alison to pick up some seriously cute buttons!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wow! You look amazing! They do say that women glow in pregnancy and it is certainly true of you. Love the way that you have styled your outfits too.