I had such an enjoyable long weekend this past weekend. Andrew and I went with our bible study "310". We stayed in self catering apartments which, surrounded by mountainous landscape that could be seen from our windows-such a change from LA!
The greatest thing about this weekend though was the Word of God. Greg Harris, who wrote the book 'The Darkness and the Glory' was the speaker.
All weekend we heard about the cross. I was convicted by a deeper understanding of what Christ did as He set His face as a flint and went to the cross for me. It was so lovely to spend each day hearing more about the Lord Jesus and that full and perfect work that He wrought on the cross and then to spend time reading the book (which Dr. Harris gave us)and talk with others about the heights and depths of what God has done for us. It was one of the best 'camps' I've been to.
Now I'm back to the grindstone for three more weeks. Next week the elementary section of SMMS is performing "Anansi the Spider and the Middle Passage". Khendyl (my colleague) and I are pretty much doing everything including making costumes so we're up the walls at the moment. I'm looking forward to our performance though. Hopefully I'll be able to post some photos (I really need a point and shoot camera of my own).
The week after that is the final week of school before the summer program. That week will probably be a week of fun events and little to no school work. I can't believe another school year has passed by again!
No long holidays for me anymore though! This year will be summer school!! I'm kind of looking forward to it though because there's time to help children catch up if they need that and a lot more extra curricular activities can be done.
Anyway that's the latest update, I will try to get some photos...
No comments:
Post a Comment