The thing I love most about LA evenings is the sound of crickets. It makes me feel like I'm on holidays at a tropical destination...it's very relaxing.
On Thursday I brought my children for a walk and we saw a grasshopper! And it was hopping like a proper grasshopper! I was so excited-I got all the kids excited too-although they've probably seen many of these -who knows :)
Andrew and I have booked tickets for Christmas, so it looks like we'll be in Ireland from the 27th of December to the 4th of January. I really can't wait to get home again and see everyone. I think it won't be the same without my Grandfather though, but I look forward to seeing everyone else before our wedding in June.
1 comment:
Hi Sharon, just catching up on your posts now! Talking of grasshoppers reminded me of a sight I saw in France once when I was there on hols with your parents. I had seen 'Godzilla' on DVD earlier that year in school. There's one part where Godzilla is running through the streets, snapping at helicopters flying round her head. Well, on that holiday in France, we were walking through a Maritime Pine plantation near a beach, when a grasshopper darted out in front of us on the sandy path. Suddenly, a lizard gave chase, exactly like a tiny Godzilla, up on its hind legs like a runner, the grasshopper hopping for all it was worth, Minnie Godzilla snapping as fast as it could. It finally managed to ground its prey and ran off into the undergrowth to enjoy its lunch in peace. If only I'd had my video camera!
Post a Comment