Today was a quiet day spent at the hospital compound. Ted, Dean and Dan all went out to do some medical missions about 3 hours north of here. Andrew and I went into town for a little time; saw another pig strapped to a trike. When we returned to the hospital I had my blood tested for malaria and donated some more saliva as a control sample-I am indeed a control sample as my tests came up negative-so far so good. (He also checked my blood glucose levels-they were 6.5 (122) an hour after eating-I’m good J ) There was a children’s club on the compound today as well and we got to meet some of the children and talk to them-they are so sweet. Back in the house Maryanna showed me how to make granola – yum! I watched the news and Andrew bought 2 kilos of freshly caught wild boar - can’t wait to have some. Andrew’s shipment should be in Manila in a couple of days-then it needs to get to Roxas. Ayee is coming to visit us here on Thursday from Manila. I wonder who’ll get here first…
No comments:
Post a Comment