Thursday, February 10, 2011
Day Seventeen Philippines Adventure
This morning Ayee traveled back to Manila, leaving at 6am. I slept in and woke with horrible back pain. The muscles in my back were ACHING! I swam quite a bit yesterday and when I swim I do the breast stroke which uses a lot of unused back muscles. This made it hard to be on my feet too much so I spent the day lying down a lot. It was also EXTREMELY hot. So I spent the day in our room with the fan blasting lying down reading a book about Vietnam and revising my Chinese. I know more than I ever knew about Vietnam and I can now count to ten in Mandarin. My back still hurts and my arm still burns. But being in the jungle, seeing my first chameleon, eating with the Bundacs, watching our new friend Suzy eat noodles, and enjoying some jack fruit and star apple makes it all worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment