Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day Sixteen Philippines Adventure

washing out the salt water

Me and Eden lounging around


Today was our island hopping day! Ayee, Eden and I took a van to Port Barton for the day. We hired a boat to take us to some of the small islands off the coast of Port Barton. We started with some snorkeling. This was a lot of fun seeing the coral reef and all the beautiful fish.Unfortunately my mask kept leaking and I ended up inhaling a load of sea water-ugh! We then went to two islands. On the first island they grilled fish for us for our lunch-they caught the fish just that morning. On the second island we did some swimming in the WARM water –the water and the sand was gorgeous! The only thing missing was having Andrew there-he was too busy at the lab. Next time!


I wore a full body swimsuit in hopes that I wouldn’t have to worry so much about getting sunburn. Unfortunately I used spray on sun block on my arms and missed a spot. I have a horrible burn on the back of my arm. I give up!

Back at the hospital Ayee became another control sample for Andrew and Jonnas. I donated another 10 ml of saliva. Just after eating chocolate. Yuck.

Andrew worked late this evening.

No comments: